Sir Ranulph Fiennes is one of the world's top inspirational business motivational speakers and has thrilled audiences everywhere with his superbly illustrated and highly motivating talks and presentations.
The Guinness Book of Records has described Ranulph Fiennes as The World's Greatest living explorer and he is the only man alive to have travelled the surface of the World's polar axis.
Sir Ranulph was born in 1944 in the UK, just after his father was killed in the war. Brought up in South Africa he returned as a student to attend Eton College where he failed his A levels. His first introduction to military life came when he joined the Royal Scots Greys (Tanks) which was during the Cold War. Later in 1965 he joined the SAS and became the youngest Captain in the British Army.
Between 1968 and 70 he fought Marxist Terrorists and received the Sultans Bravery Medal from HM the Queen.
in the late 80's he became President of PR and Adviser for Western Europe to Chairman of Occidental Petroleum Corp.
In 1970 he married his childhood sweetheart Jinnie and together they launched a series of record breaking expeditions that kept them ahead of their international rivals for three decades.
During the last 30 years his astonishing feats of physical and mental endurance have claimed 10 expeditionary world records.
First to Reach both Poles (with Charles Burton)
First to cross Antarctica and the Artic Ocean
First to circumnavigate the world along it's polar axis (with Charles Burton).This 3 year, 52 000 mile odyssey took intricate planning, 1900 sponsors, a 52 person team to handle, complex communications, meticulous planning and iron determination mixed with flexibility. The circumnavigation has never been successfully repeated.
First to cross the Antarctic Continent unsupported (with Mike Stroud) This was the longest unsupported polar journey in history.
Discovered the lost city of Ubar, Arabias incense capital of the world after a 26 year search.
2007 saw Sir Ranulph in the Alps climbing the North Face of the Eiger. Sir Ran who only started climbing two years previously, was climbing in a bid to raise 1.5 million pounds for Marie Curie Cancer Care (This was filmed by ITN CNN News and covered by the Sunday Times). His achievement is all the more amazing, as Sir Ranulph suffers from vertigo and a heart condition and, after developing severe frostbite on a solo polar journey in 2000, had all of his fingers on one hand amputated at the half knuckle.
2007 also saw the ribbon cutting of the MRI Scanner which took place at the Centre for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Great Ormond Street Hospital. This was as a result of the 2 million pounds raised for the Ranulph Fiennes Healthy Hearts Appeal in March 2005 when Sir Ranulph, climbed Everest to within 300m of the summit.
May 2007 saw Sir Ranulph winning the Greatest Britons Sport Award (Other nominees included Joe Calzaghe and Lewis Hamilton)
May 2008 he climbed Everest (Nepal-side) to within 400m from summit raising 2m for Marie Curie Cancer Care Delivering Choice Programme.
Having led 22 major expeditions to remote parts of the world, including both Poles, he is currently the only man alive to have travelled around the Earth's circumpolar surface. He was also the first explorer to completely cross the Antartic continent unsupported, and in 2009, aged 65, climed to the summit of Mount Everest, the oldest Briton ever to do so.
As a measure of his speaking abilities, he was chosen by IBM New York as their chief motivational speaker out of 700 top international speakers. He spoke at 65 major conferences world-wide.
To date Sir Ranulph has written twenty three books, including the UK bestseller (Times and Telegraph) in 1991 The Feather Men, and in 2003 the top selling biography (Times) of Captain Scott. In 2011 The Feather Men was released as a major motion picture Killer Elite (www.killerelite.com). Cold was published in 2013 and Agincourt came out in September 2014 followed by Heat in October 2015. Fear is to be published in the autumn of 2016.
To date Ranulph Fiennes has raised over £18.3 million for different UK charities including the Multiple Sclerosis Society, Breakthrough Breast Cancer, the British Heart Foundation and Marie Curie Cancer Care.
Sir Ranulph Fiennes has been named the UK's top celebrity fundraiser by Just Giving, the UK's most popular online fundraising platform. He has raised more than any other celebrity fundraiser featured on JustGiving.com during the same period. To date he has raised £8.3 million for Marie Curie.
He was involved in the planning of The Coldest Journey in 2012 and in 2013 over £1.8 million was raised for Seeing is Believing. Another £1 million was raised for Marie Curie through sucessfully finishing the Marathon des Sables in 2015.
Amway selected him as their main speaker at four key European conferences - each attended by an audience of 13,000 distributors.
BT, J P Morgan, British Airways and many others have used him as their after dinner speaker for small groups of top-level managers.
The Daily Telegraph referred to him as one of the Top Twenty international speakers
Sir Ranulph's entertaining and inspiring presentations are adapted not only to suit each audience or conference theme but also to keep up with his latest expeditions.
A burning message of personal motivation relevant to any demanding activity in the increasingly competitive business field is guaranteed to fire up any audience with enthusiasm.
EMLA (NHS) Leadership Essentials Conference - August 2016
• "Absolutely fabulous and inspiring...could have listened to him all day. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to listen to such a legend"
• "That was an amazing experience to listen to an Author and later to have possibility to buy Sir Ranulph's book signed by himself! Such a strong personality; tremendous sense of humour!"
• "Exceeded expectations - superb speaker - funny, humble and inspiring." "I was enthralled by this presentation, particularly the speaker's sheer resilience and no-nonsense approach to creating and building his team in pursuit of the apparent impossible. He presented in an engaging way greatly facilitated by his common sense approach and humour"
• "I could have listened to Sir Ranulph all day - he was the most interesting speaker I have ever had the fortune to listen to. Self-deprecating, humorous but highly inspirational, a really good end to the day"
• "Amazing - would recommend everyone in the NHS to listen to him speak - problems and challenges in our industry - we don't know what problems and challenges are!!! Truly inspiring".
East Midlands Chamber Annual Dinner March 2016
• "Ranulph was fantastic and the audience were engrossed with his speech the entire time, he was inspiring, witty and really engaging and we had great feedback from our guests on the evening. He really has set the standards for next year's event"
Hiscox Insurance February 2016
• "I cannot recommend Ran Fiennes highly enough to anyone looking for a speaker. Not only is his subject matter interesting and entertaining, but his delivery is fabulous. And he is, of course, a delight to work with. Ran spoke for 50 minutes, plus Q&A, and was a great hit with the audience. And he spent time afterwards signing lots and lots of books - before his long drive home"
Martin Currie Investment Management Team - January 2016
• "I wanted to write to thank you on behalf of my colleagues and I, for speaking at our All Staff Conference in Edinburgh on 27 January. Your presentation was incredibly thought provoking and the Q & A session fascinating and engaging"
• "What can we make of a man who claims to have little or no academic ability and yet is an orator of supreme ability, a clear and engaging writer and who is able to organise the mind boggling logistics required to complete long, complex and dangerous expeditions? What can we learn from a man whose success lies upon his own physical and mental strength and yet works with a team upon whom we must also rely?"
J.C - July 2015 (Theatre Tour)
• "...I was transfixed! Huge admiration ...quite outstanding what you have done"
The Sun newspaper June 2015
• "Jeremy Clarkson on being asked for his Top Gear BEST GUEST he said "Ranulph Fiennes - His interview was so spellbinding we dropped a film from the show to make it longer"
City Wire - March 2015
• "Sir Ran was an absolute hit with our audience and staff alike, and we would be excited to have him speak at another evening"
Find out how to book Sir Ranulph Fiennes OBE as the after dinner speaker for your next event by calling SpeakOut! on 020 8914 8966 or clicking the button below.